The educational program is aimed at in-depth study of multimedia and media communication technologies, systems and software for creating, processing and broadcasting audio and visual multimedia content, its interactive reproduction, presentation and use for functionally oriented services.
Students are trained in the following main areas:
– methods, technologies and software-hardware means for recording, processing, compressing, encoding and transmitting audio, graphic and video information,
– video filming and video editing, technologies with lighting and chromakey, post-processing of video materials, tools for creating visual and audio effects;
– 3D graphics techniques and technologies (sculpting, retopology, texturing and animation), 3D image acquisition devices and technologies, 3D scanning, motion capture technologies;
– systems and technologies of digital television, smart and interactive television;
– databases, cloud technologies and their use in the search and formation of multimedia content;
– methods and technologies of media communication broadcasts, transmission of audio, television, multimedia content using mobile Internet channels, 4G and 5G technologies when performing online broadcasts;
– programming of mobile applications, web services, microcontrollers for solving problems of media engineering;
– development of hardware and software for the purpose of obtaining and digitally processing images, computer vision systems for controlling and navigating mobile robots, for creating media robots;
– management, project management and business processes in the field of multimedia and media engineering.
In the process of learning, students acquire the knowledge and competencies to create modern media, to solve technical and creative tasks related to sound recording, video filming, video editing, creating and visualizing media objects, video and film projection, technical organization and support for light and music shows, concerts and mass events, technical organization of audio and television Internet broadcasting and online broadcasts.
Students of the specialty are trained in specialized acoustic, video, and television laboratories at the University’s television center. In the process of learning, students are engaged in creating video films, audio and video effects, modeling 3D objects and creating game characters, developing multimedia computer simulators for solving a wide range of tasks. Creative audio, video, 3D works of our students are winners of many national and international competitions.
The specialty Media Engineering is widely represented in various universities in Europe and the world, the graduating department of the MEIRES has close ties with many of them. Students of the specialty have the opportunity to study under the program of double diplomas and international semesters (University of Limoges, France, etc.). Graduates are capable of solving problems in the media industry in interdisciplinary and multilingual teams.
The professional skills and competencies formed during training under the educational program of Media Engineering meet the requirements of not only the present, but also the future and allow graduates to be in demand on the labor market in Ukraine and in the globalized world. Jobs in foreign and domestic companies are most often indicated in English and look like this:
Media Engineer, Sound Engineer, Sound Engineer, Video Engineer, Technical Engineer, Technical Animator, VFX Engineer, Light Engineer, Technical Engineer, Motion Capture Developer.