The Department of Media Engineering and Information Radio Electronic Systems (MEIRES) provides educational process for:
- 172 bachelors specialty – “Telecommunications and electrical engineering” for the educational program “Media engineering”;
- 171 bachelors specialty – “Electronics” for the educational program “Systems, technologies and computer multimedia”;
- 172 masters in – “Telecommunications and electrical engineering” for the educational program “Media engineering”;
- 171 masters in – “Electronics” for the educational program “Systems, technologies and computer multimedia”;
- PhD specialty 172 – “Telecommunications and electrical engineering”, specialization “Radio devices and telecommunications”, specialization “Radio Engineering and television systems”.
Department of Media Engineering and Information Radio Electronic Systems founded in 1963 and has over 50 years of preparing highly qualified professionals. At the time of its founding department was called “Design and technology of radio” later “Radio electronic system”.
The department has modern laboratory facilities used for research and for educational purposes. With the direct participation of the department in KNURE was created the Television Center, headed by one of the teachers of MEIRES. The Television center studio is equipped with modern cameras, professional non-linear editing station for audio tracks and video, hardware tools for audio and images processing.
The main research areas of work of the department is “Management and navigation of mobile ground and aerial robots”, “Methods for detection and recognition of drones”, “Remote sensing of the atmosphere with the use of electromagnetic and acoustic waves”, “Research and development of methods and means of transmission and reproduction specialized video systems, digital television”, “Development of multimedia simulators various destinations”.
Students have opportunities for free choice subjects. Leading experts of IT companies of Kharkov involve for teaching professionally oriented disciplines.
The department cooperates with Ukrainian and foreign companies, actively participates in international student exchange. In particular, University of Limoges (France) and Autonomous University of Baja California (Mexicali, Mexico).